Mr. Baugh has a Master’s in Chemistry from Colorado School of Mines and over two decades of industry experience in extraction, analysis, quality assurance and regulatory compliance for the environmental, pharmaceutical, dietary supplement and cannabis industries. Mr. Baugh has managed two independent analytical laboratories through ISO17025 accreditation and has held the position of Senior Industrial Hygienist during his career. He has reviewed manuscripts for prestigious industry journals and has presented lectures and posters on analytical testing, regulatory compliance and quality assurance at industry trade shows, regulatory meetings and international conferences.
Mr. Baugh holds two patents in extraction/analytical technology and has a patent-pending for chemometric visualization of chemical profiles with downstream applications. Mr. Baugh was a member of the AHPA Cannabis Committee, where he helped complete the recommendations for Analytical Laboratories. Mr. Baugh’s extensive extraction, separation, analytical and regulatory compliance background allow him to quickly understand complex topics like the recent FDA warning letters to the CBD market, analytical market challenges, extraction safety issues and identifying potential compounds and mixtures for IND and NDA drug discovery studies.
• Patent awarded for novel air sampling cartridge
• Patent awarded for novel Molecular Imprint Polymer solid-phase adsorbent
• Hypericin analytical method published on PubMed
• Oral presentation on Stevia in Geneva, Switzerland
• Tea chemistry presentation at the World Tea Expo, Las Vegas
• Chaired the Antioxidant “Hot Topic” Section at the AOAC Annual Meeting, New Orleans
• Taken two laboratories through the ISO17025 accreditation process
• Audited by Federal, State and Local authorities; including EPA (Federal and various states), FDA (pharmaceutical and dietary supplements), DEA (Special Projects) and OSHA
• Member of the AHPA Cannabis Committee and helped author the Recommendations for Laboratories
• Butane extractor manufacturer and author of several white papers on cannabis extraction and extractor safety issues
• Currently offering courses to the cannabis industry covering Extraction, Equipment Operation, Separations and Data Interpretation
• Patent-pending Three-Dimensional representation of complex chemical profiles to bring improved product characterization, correlation to patient outcomes and complex drug discovery to Cannabis, Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicines.
• Harrington, PB, Baugh, SF, Anderson, DE and McChesney, JD (2016, April). A Novel Three-Dimensional Chemical Characterization and Visualization Tool Applied to Green Tea, Hops, and Cannabis Varieties. Oral Presentation at the 16th Annual International Conference on the Science of Botanicals, Oxford, Mississippi.
• Other presentations available upon request